Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: mysql in remastered knoppix 6.4 CD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

    mysql in remastered knoppix 6.4 CD

    Hi, I'm trying to remaster a knoppix 6.4 CD by installing some extra packets. One of them is mysql-server. I do it with #apt-get install mysql-server and everything seems ok. During installations mysql asks me root password and y type it.
    The problem is when I try to enter in mysql mode
    #mysql -u root -p
    and gives me this error message:
    Enter password:
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

    I've tried without any password (installing proccess) as well, but there is no way to connect.
    I see DVD 6.4 version has already mysql installed and working and may be I will use it, but it would be better CD version because of its size.

    Thanks for your tips.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... just tested in a HD-installation of Knoppix 6.4.4 - and it works without any problem.

    Be aware user "root" of mysql is not "root" of Knoppix! You can find the encrypted password of the mysql users in '/etc/mysql/debian.cnf'

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... now I tested it within chroot and starting the remastered Knoppix - here you are right, it does not work.

    I'll have a look for this problem today in the evening. Thank you for the hint, having problems with remastering.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE picture

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE

$450.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00