-

Originally Posted by
krishna.murphy
sudo chvt 1
Oh. That's what that's for. For me ctrl+alt+F1 works and has always worked. I use it lots under Debian and it's fine too under Knoppix.
I've tried Knoppux with three laptops this evening:
X-org intel driver: OK
X-org sis driver: OK
X-org vesa driver: OK
This last is a really old laptop with a SiS chipset but when I boot without xmodule=vesa it starts the LXDE desktop, the bottom panel appears and then disappears and X exits. Guess this isn't a memory leak because Knoppix just restarts the X server again, over and over again, in exactly the way it didn't for FlameWeasel. Odd thing is, even with X restarting and restarting I can still use ctrl+alt+F1.
I could suggest a few things to try that might shed some light on the problem but since condescension is out
I'll have to take a wild guess ....
You have a hard drive installation. You have a persistent store. When you installed Knoppix 6.4.4. you kept your old persistent store that you've been using for years. Thus you've carried forward the same xorg.conf file from release to release. It has got some retro stuff in there that it should not.
Try moving your xorg.conf to one side and copying over the original from the 6.4.4 distribution. Reboot and see if that makes a difference.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

SwissGear Wenger Mainframe 16 Laptop Briefcase Black SKU 64038010 Excellent Cond
$33.95

IBM mainframe circuitboard untested condition
$120.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65