Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New, sleep, time, flash, help!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8

    New, sleep, time, flash, help!

    I have used Linux for several years, mostly Mepis and PCLinuxOS, but new to Knoppix.

    Poor Man’s/frugal install of 6.4.4.

    Working fine with persistent image but three nagging nitpicks.

    1. Monitor won’t go to sleep with Preferences > Power Management set. The setting is persistent but it doesn’t work. (Also drives don’t spin down but that doesn’t bother me.) I have a desktop -- perhaps this is only for laptops?

    2. Always boots up in UTC but this seems to be a known bug. /etc/localtime always has TZif2 that must be changed to TZ=EST (or whatever) followed by logout then time is correct.

    3. I tried to install flash with apt-get update, followed by apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree. The installation stalled and failed near the end. When I try to repeat apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree it says flash is already installed. How can I delete the failure and start over? Or can I just copy the flash plugin from Mepis or PCLOS? Is the plugin kernel specific or is there any reason a copy from another Linux distro wouldn’t work?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    3. I tried to install flash with apt-get update, followed by apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree. The installation stalled and failed near the end. When I try to repeat apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree it says flash is already installed. How can I delete the failure and start over?
    Did you try
    Code:
    apt-get --reinstall install flashplugin-nonfree

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    Did you try
    Code:
    apt-get --reinstall install flashplugin-nonfree
    That worked perfectly... once I realized I had to restart Iceweasel. Thank you very much!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog  picture

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog

$85.00



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)

$69.95



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



TDL “the ZPU� rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board  picture

TDL “the ZPU� rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board

$345.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00