-
External and internal hard drive help
Hey, I need some help guys. My computer(running XP) crashed recently and my friend gave me several versions of knoppix to boot it from in order to recover data. He also gave me an external hard drive to back the data up on. The versions I have, and the problems with each are as follows.
Knoppix 4: Doesn't even recognize my external hard drive.
Knoppix 5: Recognizes my original hard drive, calls it "dirty" and says it needed a "force mount". It also calims it cannout mount my external hard drive because "no file system is specified".
Knoppix 6: Everything I mouse over is read by some text to speech thing, and I can't figure out how to stop it. It gets quite annoying after awhile. It also cannot access(mount) my original hard drive as it claims "a job is pending"
All of these problems are quite bothersome, and in addition, sound doesn't even seem to work in Knoppix 4 or 5. Can someone please help me with any of these problems so I can back up my data?
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00