Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: could not find any free loop devices

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    could not find any free loop devices

    I have an old knoppix-data.img file that I need to get some data out of. I am running knoppix 6.2.1. I have tried adding the max_loop=64 to the ramdisk lines in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg file, and running the [ for ((i=8;i<64;i++)) do mknod loop$i b 7 $ done ] command. When I try to run [ mount -o loop /media/sda3/NewFolder/knoppix-data.img /tmp/KDold ] it always says, "mount: could not find any free loop devices" I have done this sucessfully once in the past, but forgot if there was another command that I need to do in there somewhere.
    Could someone please help me access the old data file? Yes, I have rebooted the system several times.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123
    ah, that damn bug back again
    what you can do is
    Code:
    mount -o loop=/dev/loop2 ...
    or
    Code:
    rm -r -f /dev/loop
    mount -o loop /media...
    and what I did was adding the line
    Code:
    rm -r -f /dev/loop
    to rc.local

    I suggest the first option if it's for 1 time.

  3. #3
    thank you. Option 1 worked. had to manualy create KDold, but the rest was just plug and play.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99