-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
kl522
Yes I am. Because I update my kernel very often, each time I have to match it against the correct version of aufs. I have compiled aufs kernel module too many times already.
If you compile from latest sourceforge version from the developer, it is surely OK. My concern was about the "correct" version of aufs.

Originally Posted by
kl522
I don't know what "essential" libraries you are talking about. A typical aufs user does not even use the aufs tools. Even knoppix does not use the aufs tools ! Only in rare occasions that you need to use the aufs utils or tools.
"Essential" is of course a relative concept. As a new example, on Friday an error message appeared on R-help: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
A possible explanation, mentioned by Brian Ripley, is Debian's versions of the lapack and blas libraries. When Debian is used on a scientific/engineering workstation, those libraries are surely essential, even though the vast majority of users don't use them. They could, however, crop up anywhere, embedded in image processing routines, games etc.
A more actual example is provided by this thread: Use of aufs-tools to make no-wear Knoppix versions for flash memory. With widespread use, those tools could migrate into the "essential" category, I think.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
If you compile from latest sourceforge version from the developer, it is surely OK. My concern was about the "correct" version of aufs.
Whatever it is, the point I want to make is that, I am pretty confident that Klaus K have compiled aufs correctly to match his version of kernel. The last thing to suspect is the version of kernel aufs module is wrong. Knoppix will not run if the kernel aufs module is wrong.
The aufs toolset is a totally different story. Knoppix does not use it. Most debian users also do not use it. So I am not surprised that it might be faulty.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile
$35.00