-
Senior Member
registered user
To avoid any extra complications, I have switched from cloop to squashfs, and by stripping down minirt init, I can get /UNIONFS correctly mounted. But there is still no way I can get next step started: With manual chroot into /UNIONFS, I can start /sbin/init, but it won't run correctly, it seems. So there must be something with busybox and full 64-bits mounting. Different versions of 64-bits busybox don't help, and compiling latest version (1.1
from source only makes things worse for me. The last resort, as I see it now, is to include mount and bash, with necessary libraries, in minirt. This is by no means far-fetched, as the two functioning 64-bits initrds I have checked, Debian 6.0.1 and Kanotix 2011/5, both include a lot of system programs, while Knoppix only has busybox and ntfs-3g. I have compiled and started using kernel 2.6.39.2-64, but it doesn't help much, it seems. (Nor did a freshly compiled cloop from Debian-Knoppix, before I turned to squashfs.)
As far as I can see, there is no need for a special init for 64-bits, just other programs. But it may be a small challenge to modify init to include squashfs handling in an optimal way.
Knoppix "pure" 64 bits full HD install works well, including qemu, which I use for testing images and minirt.gz versions. So remastering from this version should be possible.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00