-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
fenzda
6.7 turned out to be a big disappointment. Why can't I move a window??? Chrome still doesn't have
flash?? I know as a linux user, I have to do things manually, but this is too much. I may switch to
Ubuntu or Fedora.
I will say it is faster.
The default effects are really annoying.
Greetings fenzda.
You seem to have several problems. We can probably help.
I've got Chromium working with flash, but it may be because I've also got IceWeasel working as well.
With IceWeasel you need to install 'flash plug-in non-free' with syaptic or apt. You might try that.
There's also a little icon in Chromium's address line; if it has a red 'x' in it, then click it to see what it tells you.
If the default effects are the Compiz effects, I can sympathize with you. It was even worse in 6.4.
You can make these go away and speed up your browser by adding 'no3d' to your syslinux.cfg default line.
Lots of luck with Fedora and/or Ubuntu. You'll need it.
Glad to explain any of the above you don't understand.
Cheers
Last edited by utu; 08-10-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00