-
Also, how can I make a new Link to another file or directory on the desktop.
... as an example from my page: I created a file "kn-info.desktop"
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Info for Rescue-CD
Name[de]=Info zur Rescue-CD
Comment=Display sample page Info-HTML
Comment[de]=Beispiel für eine Info-HTML-Seite
Exec=x-www-browser file:///home/knoppix/Documents/kn-info.html
Icon=notification-properties
Type=Application
Categories=Utility;
in '/usr/share/applications' and a copy of it in '/home/knoppix/Desktop'
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.7.0 remaster)
-
Junior Member
registered user
OK thanks a lot for all your info Werner and every one else.
That's gets me up running for most parts.
What I'm doing here is creating Knoppix on USB with persistant stores. For other people to use. They will want to go back to windows if it doesn't look and feel like what they're used to. They basically only need browsers, email clients, and general office programs. Knoppix handles 99% of what they need. And Knoppix is solid enough and quick enough to be used on generic computers. With Knoppix I don't have to hunt down drivers for every different computer and setup. If someone were to have a problem with booting, I'd do a USB drive exchange, copying their documents and whatnot to the new drive. The A4 thingy was the biggest hold back for them.
You guys should try to understand, that most companies don't tolerate a lot of trial and error from the IT guys. We gotta know how, and right now. Else I get the arguments that they want to go back to Windows.
I guess what I'm saying is,... I need an operating system that turns the hardware into a commodity. Knoppix most closely fits that from what I know of it so far.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98