Hello,
I have a problem with the bash recall line feature when used with Midnight commander in the background
and I was wondering if someone already found a solution or an explanation about what is going on:
The setup: start a teminal emulator shell, start Midnight Commander (mc), press ctrl-o to hide mc,
type a shell command like "ls", press ctrl-o again (to get the mc back), navigate into a folder and back
to exercise midnight commander (use arrows to go over a folder like ".adobe", press enter to go into it
and enter again to go back to the previous level), press ctrl-o to hide mc, use the up arrow to get
the previous command typed (should be "ls") but instead some garbage shows up like:
cd "`printf "%b" '\0057home\0057knoppix'`"
and if you keep pressing the "up" arrows key you will get some more garbage until you eventually
get the expected last command typed (ls). This problem already appeared in previous versions
of Knoppix and is very annoying (at least to me) as I use this feature a lot.
Please respond if you have a solution or can provide some clue about how to fix it.
Thanks,
Gilles