-
FYI--initial look of Knoppix 4.6 with Dell Latitude E5400
Just a quick FYI if anyone cares for running Knoppix 4.6 on a Dell Lattitude E5400.
Centrino with 2Gig RAM.
Generally works well. Clean. I need Flash in the browser so a bit of easy command-line got that up.
Default audio… OK… however I am a USB Logitech headset/mic user. Not as fun that way.
Command-line ‘alsamixer’ recognizes the USB headset just fine.
However as you may know, that default GUI audio control doesn’t have a source selector like a Gnome.
So, will have to work on that to figure it out. If not, I will have to use the traditional audio-mic jacks on the right side of the machine which means a different headphone/mic.
Wireless acquisition good as-as. No problem there.
Other learning with this will be to see how to optimize it for best battery life.
Like many, I have been using Knoppix as a keychain drive I.T. support tool. It does make for a fun day-to-day computer experience if you are willing to invest the time. I like it with the proviso that it doesn’t tolerate fools.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99