-

Originally Posted by
utu
.
@ Blacksimon
... 2. Establish a zram set-up using 3/4 the ram as zram:
echo $((384*1024*1024))>/sys/block/zram0/disksize
mkswap /dev/zram0
swapon -p 100 /dev/zram0
3. Bring in LibreOffice and IceWeasel
(without zram, my mem used would be about 807M with
just these two and lxterminal)
4. Switch from one to the other of these; when you switch,
give each something new to do.
5. Examine free from time to time.
6. Bring in some more programs, check free again.
Can I use this to shrink the existing zram0 on K703?
Can I modprobe to add a second, smaller zram0? How?
I am concerned about running out of memory; I already see long pauses, especially when the system suddenly decided to put 1G into the empty zram swap.
What happens if I put 1G of .debs into the ramdisk? They are compressed; will I lose that 1G of RAM? Do I get it back if I swapoff /dev/zram0?
I have searched the web, so far with no details found.
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00