-
Senior Member
registered user
Ispell, a spell-checker for Leafpad
.
I'm looking for a spell-checker for Leafpad or an equivalent choice in
another small text editor that has a built-in spell-checker.
I found this interesting adaptation of Ispell, which is in Synaptic but
not installed by default. One of the forum entries, by BruceB, gives a
small adapting bash script to tie Ispell and Leafpad together.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...f50a1378741baa
I'm interested to hear any comments on this or other approaches.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Here's an upgrade of BruceB's idea, using aspell and .bashrc
Add this to .bashrc:
lpad() { # uses leafpad to edit $1; on closing leafpad, aspell checks spelling; on closing aspell, leafpad shows corrected copy.
leafpad $1; aspell -c $1; leafpad $1 &
}
-
I had seen that link to the Puppy Linux forum from a Google search. It is not achieving much of anything useful.
I also remember your suggestion to integrate HunSpell with Leafpad but that did not happen.
Gedit in Knoppix v7.6, when properly fixed by the Knoppix team and/or by the authors of gedit, will do the job.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00