-
Console display resolution too high - fixed?
One of the new questions in the unclassified FAQ's was looking for a way to make the screen resolution in console mode different than in x. I'm a newbie to linux and knoppix, but this worked for me (a google of a debian forum provided the answer)
I am running knoppix with a decent 32meg onboard ATI radeon, but I am displaying on an old TV (obviously not 1024x76
, and the boot up text in normal mode is unreadable.
Using the cheatcode vga=ext makes it better, but still barely readable. I now use the following string at the boot prompt:
knoppix vga=0x311 screen=640x480
0x311 represents 640x480 resolution with 65k colors if I remember correctly. 0x310 is the same at 32k colors, and there is even a mode for 256 color but I don't have my notes (google for "linux console resolution" or something like that)).
This puts me in 640x480 for both the console and x. I had one glitch after my files were copied to the hard drive during a hard drive install (the screen shut off), but it works great from the CD. The settings for x stay in my settings after I saved them and used the "myconfig=" cheatcode, but the console settings don't seem to stick.
Similar Threads
-
By pandamonium54 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:20 AM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 11:41 PM
-
By konilsen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 03:09 PM
-
By SmallFlyingHippo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 05:49 AM
-
By davekempe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50