-
Apologies for the double post - as a newbie all posts are manually vetted, and I was caught by the time lag involved.
Further to the wireless problem, I'm now thinking this is only coincidental with the grub change not part of it. As I have discovered wireless availability appears/disappears depending which kernel I choose at boot.
When I boot to kernel 3.0.4 everything is fine; however when I boot to the newer 3.0.4-64 I loose my wireless. Realise "loose" isn't a very helpful term - when in 3.0.4-64, from a prompt I can run
Code:
$ lspci -vnn | grep 14e4
and get a response which identifies the wireless hardware. However, within the gui shell I can only see settings for wired connections. Also (being a laptop) LED wireless indicator is OUT and does not respond to attempts to turn it back on.
From Synaptic I can see the same drives for the wireless card are available for both kernels. Can someone advise where to go/check next?
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00