-
Apologies for the double post - as a newbie all posts are manually vetted, and I was caught by the time lag involved.
Further to the wireless problem, I'm now thinking this is only coincidental with the grub change not part of it. As I have discovered wireless availability appears/disappears depending which kernel I choose at boot.
When I boot to kernel 3.0.4 everything is fine; however when I boot to the newer 3.0.4-64 I loose my wireless. Realise "loose" isn't a very helpful term - when in 3.0.4-64, from a prompt I can run
Code:
$ lspci -vnn | grep 14e4
and get a response which identifies the wireless hardware. However, within the gui shell I can only see settings for wired connections. Also (being a laptop) LED wireless indicator is OUT and does not respond to attempts to turn it back on.
From Synaptic I can see the same drives for the wireless card are available for both kernels. Can someone advise where to go/check next?
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00