-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Site back to full working order
Many apologies for the recent inconveniences. The site should be working properly now and members should be able to log in.
It there are any problems PLEASE drop me a PM or email webmaster - at - this domain.
The problems I fixed include some redirections. You may not be interested but there were many issues with URIs not working properly. Some pages were showing only with a www in the domain name, some were showing only without a www in the domain name.
One major problem that I THINK I've solved completely is the links to old forum threads. When we moved over from the old forum software to the current forum software there was one major change. All thread URLs changed from this format:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28306
to this format:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads/28306
That meant that if there was a link to an old thread anywhere ... users ended up with a 404 - page not found!
The Regex experts among you would point out that a simple htaccess redirect would solve the problem. However, it's not that simple and I've been tearing my hair out. When you fix one thing, something else gets broke. So between the main htaccess, the forum htaccess, the httpd.conf and the vBulletin php over-riding htaccess files... it's been quite a week.
Anyway, test it now and when you click on
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28306 or
http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28306
You should automatically get taken to http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/28306
Whew!
There are a few other problems that have been solved as well.
Well, I say that "Whew" a bit cautiously. Please tell me if something is not working smoothly.
Once again, sorry for the trouble. I spent several days on this and I've got a lot less hair now!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98