Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix Repository ... for knoppix specific packages

  1. #1
    Guest

    Knoppix Repository ... for knoppix specific packages

    It has been mentioned before that knoppix hdd install ends up being Debian testing (and unstable for a few packages). However, knoppix uses some things that aren't really present in the debian repository. These items show up as "obsolete" after doing an apt-get update. What can be done about these pacakges? Are there going to be dependancy problems in the future when pulling from a debian repository?

    Is there a repository for these, or are we assuming that they never need updating???

    Austin

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3
    I need this exact thing also. I accidently deleted knx-alsa and cant get it back now

  3. #3
    Guest
    Actually, I have discovered you can use the sources link on the linuxtag page ... but it messes up the language settings ... lots of things end up german .... so I advise against trying this.

    Austin

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Arlington Washington USA
    Posts
    7
    I wasing using apt-get update apt-get dist-upgrade and it asked my Y/n if it should delete kde3 packages. I answered yes, then realized I should have said NO!!!. Oops. All kde packages were deleted and no NEW KDE packages were installed. Wish there was a site, that allowed one to apt-get or dpkg and recover back to having the KDE packages again. I am working through installing many KDE packages from www.debian.org website to get back to the Knoppix 3.2 system I had before. I would like to pick and choose to upgrade packages I use to Knoppix 3.3 9-24-2003 English version of Knoppix.

    I will continue reading and using the following commands. It was much easier to download the
    packages to directory /root/debs and then using the KPACKAGE to install these debian packages. Is there a method to get the FULL set KDE packages that Knoppix 3.3 has installed on a Hard Disk Knoppix 3.2 (June 27, 2003 English version) after letting install program "apt-get" remove them

    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install "package"

    Read more about APT-GET here http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#apt-howto


    I found that downloading a "package.DEB " file from a debian website to directory
    /root/debs and then using the program KPACKAGE to open up the "package.DEB" file and then install that package was very easy to do. I liked the KPACKAGE tool because I understood what it was doing.

    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/re...#s-apt-install
    I will be reading the manual above and looking at more posts dealing with apt-get and KDE issues.
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2749#13110

    Anybody have KINO version 0.6.4 compiled and running on your system?

    Fred Finster

Similar Threads

  1. are knoppix-specific packages apt-gettable from somewhere?
    By gpirujo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 02:15 PM
  2. Knoppix repository
    By benlau in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 04:11 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 04:35 PM
  4. Apt-get repository for knoppix packages
    By mrjohnston in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 11:55 PM
  5. Knoppix sources.list and Remaster Repository
    By bhsx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620 picture

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620

$325.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM picture

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM

$174.99



HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD

$599.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99