-
Member
knoppix-data.aes to knoppix-data.img and vice versa...
I'd like to copy all my data stored in knoppix-data.aes to a new knoppix-data.img (without aes password asked before mounting it)
I need to prepare for my wife a knoppix USB with all my already installed application and setting but without using (my) password protected knoppix-data.aes
I've tryed this:
- create a new 2GB knoppix-data.img using:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda1/knoppix-data.img bs=1M count=2048
losetup /dev/loop6 knoppix-data.img
mkfs -t ext2 /dev/loop6
mkdir /mnt/work
mount /dev/loop6 /mnt/work
cp -R /mnt-system/KNOPPIX-DATA/* /mnt/work
umount /mnt/work && losetup -d /dev/loop6
Then removing knoppix-data.aes and move new knoppix-data.img in KNOPPIX folder
Boot ok but fails start x.org server and system show me only black screen.
I heve to CTRL+ALT+F1 and so I can shutdown
Something wrong ?
Thanks for any help
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95