-
Lenovo wireless Driver
I have bought about 10 Lenovo all in one wireless computers and i have installed Knoppix sucessfuly but somehow i am getting error on wireless card. wireless card is not showing up when i do ifconfig. I do know that i need a driver for wireless card which is broadcom Device 4358. I have tried to find a driver but i have not able to find it? Also, if someone could tell me how can i install driver on this box and how can i make wireless card to show up in fi config once i install the driver. I need this to be done in a week .
thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Perhaps this will help:
http://www.broadcom.com/docs/linux_sta/README.txt
Let us know how it goes.
-
Lenovo wireless adapter does not show up in ifconfig
I have Linux microknoppix installed and when i do ifconfig command the wlan0 adapter does not show up. Also, when i do iwconfig it says no such device found. Please help? if i need a driver.. once i extract it what is the next step. If you could send me a brief overview of how t install driver on unix that would be helpful if i am missing a driver.
-
I tried that but it didnt work. I have Linux Microknoppix 2.6.32.6 #8 installed. Is it 32 bit system I think it is. Also, Once i get the driver where does the wireless driver resides which file i should put it in to. If you give me some steps would be great.
-
Senior Member
registered user
This may be part of the problem

Originally Posted by
soxnil
I have Linux Microknoppix 2.6.32.6 #8 installed.
This must be an old version of Knoppix. The current flavor is Knoppix 6.7.1 with a
3.0.4 Linux kernel. 2.6.32.6 may pre-date current STA drivers.
-
Did you tried the hints for Network Wireless?
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ soxnil
As I read it, the Broadcom document says the STA driver applies to 4358 series.
The STA driver can easily be installed via Synaptic.
Synaptic either already has the driver, can get the driver from an all-up CD or DVD,
or you need to download it from the internet.
If the latter is true, you can use a separate external wifi as a means of obtaining
the STA driver. Drivers for some external wifis are already built into the Linux
kernel. I have an old Netgear WG111v2 which I use to bring in the STA driver.
Other avenues is are, Ubuntu or PCLinuxOS; their LiveCDs include the STA driver.
Last edited by utu; 02-23-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99