-
Adding own folders to iso
Hello people,
I am experiencing some issues creating an remastered iso.
I created some folder /A /B ?C etc in root level for future mount points.
When I run the kn-remaster script and build the iso, the folders are not in the iso.
To copy the folders to the remaster folder I added the following lines like this.
$RSCMD /A $OKR
$RSCMD /B $OKR
etc
The folder is now correctly copied to the remaster folder, but when I build and boot the iso, the folders still dont exist.
What am I missing here?
Greets,
WJP
Last edited by wjp79; 03-02-2012 at 11:22 AM.
-
Please can you post the output from
Code:
ls -la /opt/knx/remaster
-
Code:
knoppix@Microknoppix:/$ ls -la /opt/knx/remaster
total 43
drwxr-xr-x 41 root root 984 Feb 22 01:41 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 152 Feb 22 02:21 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 48 Feb 22 00:33 A
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 B
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:13 C
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 D
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 E
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 F
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 G
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 H
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 I
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 J
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 K
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 L
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 M
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:14 N
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:15 O
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:15 P
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 3392 Feb 21 20:04 bin
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 192 Sep 11 01:13 boot
drwxrwxrwt 22 root root 22392 Feb 22 01:36 dev
drwxr-xr-x 156 root root 7640 Feb 22 00:29 etc
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Feb 21 18:15 herstel
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 72 Dec 2 2008 home
drwxr-xr-x 17 root root 4136 Sep 14 12:14 lib
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 48 Jun 25 2008 media
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 48 May 18 2008 mnt
drwxr-xr-x 2 knoppix knoppix 48 Feb 15 12:44 net
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 448 Feb 22 00:52 oke
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 48 Feb 15 11:42 opt
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 48 May 18 2008 proc
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 304 Feb 21 18:13 root
drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 232 Jul 19 2011 run
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 6344 Sep 14 12:15 sbin
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 48 Sep 16 2008 selinux
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 48 Sep 14 00:48 srv
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 48 Jun 6 2008 sys
drwxr-xr-x 2 root nogroup 48 Nov 11 2009 tftpboot
drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 48 Sep 14 12:15 tmp
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 264 Jul 12 2011 usr
drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 336 Jul 12 2011 var
knoppix@Microknoppix:/$
-
I'll test it in the evening with the part "Build new ISO from remastered Knoppix" of the kn-remaster script.
But by the way, if you need additional mountpoints, create them within '/mnt' and not in the root-directory.
In your special case insert a line within "fknrsync()"
Code:
$RSCMD /mnt $OKR --exclude=/mnt/...
and exclude all the subdirectories within '/mnt' you will not have in the new ISO.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 03-02-2012 at 02:11 PM.
-
mountpoints
Thank you for looking into this.
About the mointpoints.
I use other scripts that mount hdd drives on /C , /D , /E etc.
But they also call other scripts locates on /oke.
So I need the option to put folders on root.
I could change the scripts, but I thought putting the folders on the ISO was easier.
WJP
-
I still work on it 
I've found, no empty directories appear within the remastered ISO, wether '/A, /B ..' nor '/mnt/A, /mnt/B..', and I don't know why.
-
No I've it; it is a problem with the UNIONFS and not with the kn-remaster script. If you want mountpoints within the new ISO, you can establish these as '/opt/A', '/opt/B' and so on.
Mountpoints at '/A', '/mnt/A' and so on doesn't work.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98