-
Using Knoppix to trouble shoot computer(s)
Hi -
I'm new here and to Knoppix as well.
Hope you don't mind if i ask for some help straight off.
I have a Sony Notebook giving me serious issues and I'm trying to isolate the problem using Knoppix.
(I'm downloading the latest version now - v6.71)
The comp is a Sony VIAO notebook.
VGN- SZ460n/c
New CDs from Sony
New Memory
New HD
I cracked the fracking screen accidentally but can still see and this issue was happening prior.
It was given to me by the last owner and i really want to see if i can fix it.
I've removed the HD at this point.
Currently running MEMtest 1.02(?) from Knopix Live v3.??
Symtoms of the comp.
When trying to do a reinstall of the OS from sony it freezes at around 80 to 90% commpletion. Never completes the install.
Ran Knoppix v3.?? Live CD - Knoppix sees the hard ware - memory - loads - then starts booting...
Freezes.
Ran Knoppix Live v3.?? in safe mode - boots fine.
Would someone mind helping me by guidingand directing me on how to issolate the hardware that is giving me the problem using Knoppix?
tia,
chase
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00