-
Senior Member
registered user
I think you may close the windows. The error message is about installation issues of grub. I never had this error message. I have to guess what you could do. Sometimes the interpretation of error messages is an art or you need much experience.
As long as you use syslinux as boot loader you do not need grub. The only situation where grub is needed should be an HDD install of Knoppix.
I would suggest that you try to install the package libgnome2-perl and tell us what has happened.
-
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
klaus2008
I would suggest that you try to install the package libgnome2-perl and tell us what has happened.
It's easier said than done...I must have a very rudimentary installation right now because the Menu does not show Synaptic P.M., no Internet, in all, it is quite different as before. I can not 'Logout' either because there is a "Failed to execute child process lxsession-logout.." warning. The only way out is "Power OFF"!
If I turn power ON again, I end up with a confusing "log file" message on the screen, which disappears after a few seconds. I think I wrecked the USB system with the "chroot" procedure and need a new install from the CD.
Any thoughts on that?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X710-DA4 4-Port 10Gb SFP+ Ethernet Adapter EX710DA4G1P5 w/ SFPs
$250.00

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50