Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Remastering DVD 6.7.1: Iso creation too slow

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2

    Remastering DVD 6.7.1: Iso creation too slow

    Dear all, I need to create a live cd/dvd with some packages (like development tools, xmgrace, paraview) for a workshop. I have followed the instructions on the official knoppix webpage, http://knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto . I am using virtual box with a virtual hard disk of 25GB capacity with ext4 format. After installing all what I need inside the chrooted environment, I started the "Remastering the Iso" instructions. But, it is too slow. It has been running for almost 7 hours and although it seems to make very small advances, because tmpiso is growing very slowly, I would like to know if I can speed up this process and/or if this is normal.
    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    There seems some things going wrong. The used time depends on your equipment (CPU, size of RAM of your computer, other activities and so on).

    What are you remastering CD or DVD? What is the size of RAM for VirtualBox?

    For me I use about 20 minutes with "Remastering the Iso" for a CD and about 1 hour for DVD.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks a lot for your response.
    I have used two laptops, Snow Leopard + Virtual Box, and although one was more faster (because of a faster processor), still is too slow and I had to stop the process. The setups are the following:
    Machine 1: VB RAM = 1GB, VB HD = 25GB,
    Machine 2: VB RAM = 2GB, VB HD = 25GB
    Unfortunately I did not have enough time to track/debug the problem and therefore I am using and old version of my customized dvd based on knoppix 6.4 .
    Actually, the customization is really simple, just adding some packages to the dvd.
    Anyway, I wil try to test in a desktop later to see if the problem replicates.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00