Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Announcement: You can now upload pictures or screenshots up to 250K

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174

    Announcement: You can now upload pictures or screenshots up to 250K

    As the title says, and based on a request from utu, this forum now allows uploading images of up to 250K. Please don't make them too wide or they'll inconvenience other readers. Try and get each image to fit within the width of the page.

    Obviously, images aren't allowed if you don't own the copyright to them. The idea is to allow screenshots of your problem / solution, not pretty pictures from flickr

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, Clinton.

    I appreciate the thought, but the limits haven't changed yet that I can see.
    Wednesday, 7:44pm EDT, Earth.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    test post with image
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    I used the Go Advanced button when typing up my post and then the attachment option offered on that screen. Please let me know if you still have a problem.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    Uploading 200 Kb png file

    .
    Greetings, Clinton.

    I'm using a 200 Kb png file for this test.
    What I get back is a 21 Kb jpg.

    What I would like to get back is a link to a 200 Kb png file.
    This will display elegantly with Image Viewer at full-screen 1366x768.

    Your test file is a jpg about equal in size to 'previous' limits. Also, FYI
    the page which lists the limits for all file types has not been changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    Thanks for the feedback. I've gone and looked around and it seems that I needed to change a couple of other settings (in addition to global settings, the setting for each file extension needs to be done manually as well!)

    Could you try again please?

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings again, Clinton

    Thanks for the fast follow-up.
    Things are looking better.
    Acid test will be at full-screen.

    Using 208 Kb png file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    I'd give this a grade of 83%

    I get a scaled image at 83%
    I can zoom the browser twice and ask for full-screen.
    Then I get a fairly good replica of Image Viewer result at full-screen,
    except scroll bars mar the effect.

    Is there any way we can click on the link and have it go to Image Viewer
    as it does with e-mail when you include the png file as an attachment?

    if not, I thank you. We are at least equal to going out to some Image Host service.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    Make that 98%

    .
    Don't zoom first.
    Do browser full-screen first.
    This is very close to Image Viewer full-screen.

    Thanks for the nice new feature, Clinton.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    17

    why cant I post attachments

    I want to include an image, but my posting permissions says i cant post attachments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$799.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL picture

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL

$169.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00