-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
Hi Capricorny,
The "VMware Workstation June Preview" tools are working just fine (as 8.0.4 breaks), cf:
http://communities.vmware.com/commun...kstationtp2012
It is quite typical for the brand new kernels to break something with the VmWare tools
and it usually takes a couple of weeks for VmWare or other users to publish a patch in the forums.
I will post my knx 7.0.3 vm guest (with the tools installed) very soon... (I am almost done)
Cheers,
Gilles
PS: vm now posted in here:
http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/115...l=1#post127151
Yes, it's perfectly possible that Workstation 8.0.3 broke with 3.4.X for a good reason - but it will be for the first time! The breaking of 7.X with kernel 2.39 was because VMware stubbornly stuck to long deprecated switches, kind of built-in killer gene in the code. And VMware didn't care to release a 7.X patch with a solution any interested user could find on the net, rather forcing users to upgrade. The troubles I had with 8.X were well-known, with rather old patches floating aorund. VMware could have fixed it just by picking up one of those patches, like I did myself. But - it MAY be the kernel this time!
And I think we can agree that it works pretty darn well, when it works. Forced version upgrading can be a blessing, too. (Among the involuntarily blessed
)
I'm using qemu more and more, though. No adaptation whatsoever necessary for running Knoppix there,
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00