-
Is it alright to use Live USB regularly?
The only thing that's stopping me from switching to a Linux system right now are my games (and no I don't like how my favourite ones are particularly unstable in WINE) and I also don't want to set up a dual boot with Windows. So for my regular usage like Web Browsing and reading papers, I am currently using Knoppix 6.7 on a Live USB (CD-version). These are the programs that I've so far installed everything from Debian Squeeze packages except no.5 (I don't suppose I'll need to install anything else for the future) :
1. Banshee
2. Foxit Reader
3. Inkscape
4. MyPaint
5. Gkrellm
6. LXDE Task Manager
7. Updated Iceweasel to version 10.0 from the preinstalled 6.0
My question is, will this create any instability in the OS? So far I haven't had any problems. Also will regular use of the Live USB as a normal OS decrease the life span my flash drive? (I know you get them cheap these days but still)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99