Working with a Western Digital World book drive with a dead housing. Both drives (mirrored) spin up fine. 500G each, formatted NTFS.
The drives contain image files created by Norton Ghost that I am trying to copy and paste to a Western Digital 1.5T My Passport USB drive.
Using a PC booted with a knoppix disk I am able to see the folders via a usb connector. I can select copy and paste and see the progress bar gradually move to completion which take about 12 plus hours.
When done, I get error messages as follows:
<Ghost file name> "Can't copy special file"
<Ghost file name> "Error Opening File: Permission denial
Error starting file <path and Ghost file name": input/output error
Is there a way to copy Ghost files?
Suggestions greatly appreciated.

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00
Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Cray-1 UNIVAC 1103 Apple 1 CDC 6600 IBM SAGE
$65.00
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00