-
Try to boot knoppix vm in ESXi5.0
Hi everyone:
I am a new user of knoppix.
Few days a ago, I downloaded the newest version of Knoppix ISO file
and used it to boot a vm in ESXi5.0.
Everything worked perfectly then.
Today, after I boot into desktop, I try to install Knoppix into HD.
First, I use the utility "Gparted" to partion the vmdisk and then use the function "KNOPPIX HD install".
When finishing the installation and rebooting the VM, it fails to boot and just hangs in "Booting the kernel"
I don't know what's happening?
Did I do something wrong or miss any setting?
Can somebody help me or give me some information to resolve this problem?
Thank you!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00