-
Senior Member
registered user
chroot error:no such file or directory
Tried remaster for the first time.Followed the docs word for word.
When I got to the chroot part I get this error:
"chroot:/bin/bash:no such file or directory"
What is wrong?
-
check if you have a bin dir where you decompressed knoppix.
some versions of knoppix (3.2 pre 30/03 I think) had some essential folders as symlinks or hard links that cp can't create.
if this is the case you have to create the symlinks yourself (check for errors in cp progress) I think the real locations are in /mnt/test or something like that. or you can use a newer version of knoppix where those dirs are real rather then links.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
SillyFly
folders as symlinks or hard links that cp can't create.
if this is the case you have to create the symlinks yourself (check for errors in cp progress) I think the real locations are in /mnt/test or something like that. or you can use a newer version of knoppix where those dirs are real rather then links.
If you use the -p option with cp it will perserve the links.
-
Senior Member
registered user
thanks everyone!
I did it again from the beginning and this time it worked perfectly. I don't know what went wrong the first time. Just was rteluctant to do it over again because of the long time it takes to cp the files.
Similar Threads
-
By winslayer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 01:31 AM
-
By kevinonknoppix in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 08:45 AM
-
By LinuxGeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2003, 07:30 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-05-2003, 01:52 PM
-
By 3133 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC RT-11 V5.0 8” Floppy Disks HT-11 System BASIC FORTRAN Software Lot
$199.95

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is
$170.00

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware
$649.00

Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor TESTED
$219.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$599.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$69.99