-
Knoppix stopped entering X after installing vnc4server
Hello,
my knoppix was working well, I installed vnc4server, it also worked well. Today I started the machine and to my surprise I cannot enter runlevel 5, it gets stuck. For some time tries, i.e. goes blackscreen, and then back to console with message:
# The graphical subsystem could not be startet
or terminated unexpectedly.
Maybe your graphics adapter or monitor are not auto-configurable.
Please try to reboot and give some of the Knoppix-Cheatcodes
at the initial boot:-prompt, which match your graphics adapter.
Examples:
knoppix xmodule=radeon (or ati, nv, cirrus, ...)
knoppix xmodule=fbdev
knoppix xmodule=vesa
knoppix hsync=90 vsync=75
I don't remember doing much more that installing vnc...
I've looked around the network and didn't found any useful hints. Any ideas what my go wrong? Where to start checking?
-
We would need to know what version you're using, and how you are using it, at a minimum. Did you install it, and if so, where? E.g. hard drive, CD/DVD, flash stick, etc. Also, you say you installed vnc4server, but not where and how that was done. We'll be happy to help, we just need some data to work from...
Cheers!
Krishna
-
I managed to fix the problem! I found a tip somewhere to remove .Xauthority file. After that everything worked flawlessly.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$349.99

Commodore 64 Incredible Musical Keyboard and Sound ~ Complete in Box CIB
$149.99

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75

Amiga Mega Typhoon Nordlicht 1996 NEU NEW SEALED NOS RAR Rare Game
$884.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Amiga 1000 Motherboard W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000 / A500 / A500 plus
$25.00