-
First. My Apologies for the inexperience. And thanks for staying with me.

... but (as i understand it) this PC is not the PC You are still having boot Problems with - Is that correct?
Yes I cannot yet boot any of the 3 sticks on My PC. *I've since corrected the ide and ata cards to boot correctly so no hardware conflict or tricking in bios anymore.

Can You boot on
Your PC from a flash medium written by the "traditional" Knoppix flash installer?
This was interesting in that half way through traditional install my PC recycled and went completely to the initial screen as if rebooting - I swear - It came back up and finished the install to the 8GB SanDisk and it booted on the other PC. I've since redid it- for confidence - but pretty interesting. *This was using the traditional installer. And it does not boot My PC.
If that is the case, then Your PC firmware/BIOS might dislike flash media with multiple partitions.
Shucks, I thought that it might be solved by eliminating the extra usb ide card. I have 2 usb on the back of case from motherboard and two usb on front of new case. And four on an add on ide that was purchased before the new case. In short I thought I may have a usb conflict. So I took the ide card out and still no boot from back or front.
Thanks for the explanation on advantages above 8GB.
It's crazy. I updated Bios and all items in PC and still no usb boot. I have ran Linux off hard drive with win xp pro as multiple boot from floppy * but not yet from usb. Today a friend and old think pad 500MB RAM and 20GB hard disk booted the *8GB USB. 
-------------------
Formatted by moderator to make posting readable
wps
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 05-14-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG
$199.95

x6 SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 17000 ECC Memory HMA41GR7AFR4N-TF
$170.00

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$600.00

LOT OF 6 Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V M386A8K40BM2-CTD6Q Server RAM
$1799.99

Lot of 2~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB3 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$400.00

LOT OF 2 SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN
$89.95

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95