-

Originally Posted by
STraute
Step 10 does not describe tasks You (as the user of the experimental Installer) have to perform, it just lists the many sub-tasks the Installer has to perform (while You have to wait).
Can Your PC boot from other flash memory storage devices? Can other PCs/Laptops boot Knoppix from Your USB flash memory devices?
Try to use the normal/older flash install program from the Knoppix DVD with Your 8 GB Sandisk stick (If that can be booted then You have a picky/broken BIOS. Your PC manufacturer might offer BIOS updates by download). Only storage devices with memory capacity bigger than 8 GiB can really benefit from the new experimental installer anyway.
I hope any of this can help You.
Ok... First - Thank you for the quick responses. On Knoppix DVD 7.05 from USB... experimental... I ran 'knoppix testdvd' and it Failed. Thank you.
------------------------------------------------
You folks are good with your answers to posts. Your manners are patient and appreciated.
I have downloaded and installed Firmware Update for the Plextor 716A CD/DVD R RW DL. Finished. I have Updated 4.22.2005 AMI BIOS. Finished. I have adjusted BIOS to boot from DVD, USB, etc. I have pressed F8 to get a Boot Menu. Thank you.
-------------------------------------------------
These Thank yous are sincere. It helps my memory to read and re read the forum posts after so long. I am looking for the 7.1 DVD and will start over. -Installing to Flash-USB Experimental. Until then...
I have a 8GB w optional overlay, a 16GB w p, and a 64GB install w 1505MB Reiser FS partition?. Thanks. ..looking for computers here at the home to test them on, although, with the DVD Failing (the 7.04-5? *CD, PASSED!) -maybe yes/ maybe no. One more on the errors... in the beginning when I first started.. I received 'Can't find Kernel' errors. I haven't seen that in a while. I thought Sandisk specific?
-----------------------------------------------------
I used to be fairly adept at this and I'm enjoying the heck out of it again... so thanks and I'm keeepin on.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Lot of 21 Intel Core i7 8thGen CPU Processors
$1599.99

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$365.00