-
Looks like You wrote a broken DVD

Originally Posted by
ttopp
Ok... First - Thank you for the quick responses. On Knoppix DVD 7.05 from USB... experimental... I ran 'knoppix testdvd' and it Failed. Thank you.
So Mr. Schulz came up with the useful recommendation (while I only came up with unhelpful guesses). You need a boot medium that works. There are several possible approaches now, depending on Your preferences:
- Perhaps a USB flash storage device created from the Knoppix CD is sufficent for Your current needs.
- If You still have a ISO file with the Knoppix DVD image, then You can try to write that to another DVD+-R(W).
- Or You can skip the DVD burning by using that Knoppix DVD image ISO file to create an intermediate bootable flash storage device instead. I would use the unetbootin tool (http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/) to write such a bootable medium. You can use the testcd cheat code with such an USB medium too. After that checks out You could boot that USB stick again and try the experimental installer from there to install on a seperate USB flash storeage device (to get a file system which is not just writeable but with changes persisting across reboots).

Originally Posted by
ttopp
You folks are good with your answers to posts. Your manners are patient and appreciated.
I have downloaded and installed Firmware Update for the Plextor 716A CD/DVD R RW DL. Finished. I have Updated 4.22.2005 AMI BIOS. Finished. I have adjusted BIOS to boot from DVD, USB, etc. I have pressed F8 to get a Boot Menu. Thank you.
And Thank You for Your diligence in following advice and reporting Your results here (Even for my unhelpful guesses on probable causes).
-------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by
ttopp
I am looking for the 7.1 DVD and will start over. -Installing to Flash-USB Experimental. Until then...
I have a 8GB w optional overlay, a 16GB w p, and a 64GB install w 1505MB Reiser FS partition?. Thanks. ..looking for computers here at the home to test them on, although, with the DVD Failing (the 7.04-5? *CD, PASSED!) -maybe yes/ maybe no. One more on the errors... in the beginning when I first started.. I received 'Can't find Kernel' errors. I haven't seen that in a while. I thought Sandisk specific?
It will be a couple of months before the Knoppix 7.1 images become public. Until then You only can get 7.1 by buying a copy of german Linux Magazin.
After the "testcd" failed it is much more likely that this is a/the cause of the failed boots/kernel loads You have experienced. I think it is not probable that Sandisk is at fault here. You need a working and tested boot medium first.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99