-

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
Your explanation is a little confusing for me. Please tell as once more en detail what you did:
- What did you use: Knoppix CD or DVD?
- What have you done: Flash disk installation or HD installation?
- What medium/what size did you use: total USB device/ partition of HD?
Different ways to
install Knoppix
All attempts at installation have flash installations. I have used (nominally) a 32GB flash drive and a 16GB flash drive.
I have used both the Knoppix CD and Knoppix DVD. I have used the install from the text install on the CD and both options from the menus in graphics mode and allowed the installation to sort out its own partitioning. In all cases, this resulted in a flash drive that would only boot on one of my computers.
I only looked at 2 partition tables produced as a result of these installation attempts. The CD installation I looked at had produced one big 14.93GB partition. The DVD one had created a first partition of 4.02GB.
Having read about the possible issue with size, I created a 700MB FAT partition (on the 16GB drive) and, using, the CD graphic install chose to just copy the data (without partitioning).
This attempt did produce a flash install that will boot for my laptop so I assume size must have been the issue with that computer.
I have still been unable to get a Knoppix flash install to boot from my desktop PC.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00