Hi,
since some time I use Knoppix 7.05 as live DVD (I do not remember whether the problem did not exist with version 7.0.3 which I used before.
I am working with an usb-drive Intenso 2,5" 320 GB - which I connect to the usb-adapter after knoppix is started.
When I start the file manager PCManFM 1.1.0 and select this USB-Drive I get the error:
I think I have seen this message more often - and I clicked "close" on the message box and I copied files to the knoppix directory and worked with them and I copied back the file back to the external file without problems.DBus error org gtk Private RemoteVolumeMonitor Failed: An operation is already pending.
But this time I thougth, I should check what this message means. I am worried about my data.
Looking in google for this error I got much results e.g.:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1175638&page=2
The first report was from 2009 and I am wondering why a so old problem is already not solved.
The error seems not to be dependent of PCManFM, it seems also to happen on console.
There are many ideas of solutions. But I am not able to appreciate the solutions because I am a newby with Linux.
I looked what d-bus is doing in the English wiki
But I really do not understand what the messageD-Bus is an inter-process communication (IPC) open-source system for software applications to communicate with one another.
Is this an error which source is DBus - or is DBus only used to send the message to the desktop.DBus error org gtk Private RemoteVolumeMonitor Failed: An operation is already pending
Is gtk only specified because gtk uses DBus for the communication.
What is the RemoteVolumeMonitor?
Is the real message only "An operation is already pending"
When yes, where can I find more information which operation is meant?
Is this a problem or is it normal and pending operations are processed in a queue without problems?
Maybe someone could help me.
Thanks in advance for reading and thinking about my problem.
memberX
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
sorry for my not so good English - all corrections are welcome

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99