-
Knoppix stopped entering X after installing vnc4server
Hello,
my knoppix was working well, I installed vnc4server, it also worked well. Today I started the machine and to my surprise I cannot enter runlevel 5, it gets stuck. For some time tries, i.e. goes blackscreen, and then back to console with message:
# The graphical subsystem could not be startet
or terminated unexpectedly.
Maybe your graphics adapter or monitor are not auto-configurable.
Please try to reboot and give some of the Knoppix-Cheatcodes
at the initial boot:-prompt, which match your graphics adapter.
Examples:
knoppix xmodule=radeon (or ati, nv, cirrus, ...)
knoppix xmodule=fbdev
knoppix xmodule=vesa
knoppix hsync=90 vsync=75
I don't remember doing much more that installing vnc...
I've looked around the network and didn't found any useful hints. Any ideas what my go wrong? Where to start checking?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00