-
Senior Member
registered user
Sweeper does not clear data in Gnome Mplayer
Since Knoppix uses a mix of KDE and Gnome packages, applications unique to each do not function well in the other. For example, in Debian Squeeze I play movies with Gnome MPlayer. As soon as I press clear recent documents under places, the relevant data from Gnome Player is removed. But in Knoppix (which uses LXDE) I have found no application other than Sweeper, which is a KDE package, and it does not remove data for Gnome MPlayer, which is a Gnome package.
A pertinent question would be: Can Gnome Desktop Environment be run with a Knoppix cloop file without installing it to HDD? I ask this because I saw the following cheatcodes:
knoppix desktop=fluxbox|icewm Use specified WM instead of KDE
knoppix desktop=kde|larswm|twm Use specified WM instead of KDE
knoppix desktop=wmaker|xfce Use specified WM instead of KDE
Can I use the code: knoppix desktop=gnome ? Of course, I can, I am sure this does not harm the cloop file in any way. So what is stopping me?!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99