Well, it seems that you haven't tried the obvious "future version", 7.0.5. That might help. already. But Nvidia on Linux seems to be an eternal source of pain - personally, I have several laptops with dual graphical systems, and I often fall back on the simpler, integrated version.Maybe future versions will, I hope!
One last resort is of course to download Nvidia's driver:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_190.42
But .deb packages could also be available, they are definitey for Ubuntu.
Of course the first. I thought this was well known. For example, on an ASUS N53S:
It's an integrated Intel graphics controller plus a GeForce GT 540M card. The setup is very nice for someone, like me, who just wants to run Linux with as little fuzz as possible, and is content with eventually tackling performance problems as they appear. And I always check out the latest versions when there are problems, eventually update driver packages etc. Very, very often, hardware problems have been resolved in the next release.Code:knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ lspci 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09) ..... 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 540M] (rev a1)
Which it doesn't seem like you have done.
This kind of reasoning is, IMHO, just to ask for problems when you use Nvidia.Since my desktop had no problem with nvidia card with the Knoppix DVD, I did not assume my laptop, which also has an nvidia card, will have a problem with the same DVD.
I thank you for the information. Actually, this option was earlier available to desktops with add-on cards.
I recall that my circle of ignorance is infinitely larger than my circle of knowledge!
On this note I would like to end this thread.
Thank you once again!

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50