You have to be root if you want to uninstall kernel modules. Therefore issueinstead of 'make uninstall'.Code:sudo make uninstall
Prerequisites as listed in the install.txt of the ndiswrapper-1.58.tar.gz
You need a recent kernel, at least 2.6.14, with header files for the kernel. Make sure there is a link in the kernel source from the modules directory.
This is what I get:
Code:knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build arch firmware Kconfig mm security block fs kernel Module.symvers sound crypto include lib net tools debian init linux-headers.revision samples usr drivers ipc Makefile scripts virt knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ cd ~knoppix/ndiswrapper-1.58 knoppix@Microknoppix:~/ndiswrapper-1.58$ make uninstall rm -f /usr/share/man/man8/ndiswrapper.8 rm -f /usr/share/man/man8/loadndisdriver.8 make -C driver uninstall make[1]: Entering directory `/home/knoppix/ndiswrapper-1.58/driver' rm -f /lib/modules/3.6.11/misc/ndiswrapper.ko /sbin/depmod -a 3.6.11 ERROR: openat(/lib/modules/3.6.11, modules.dep.tmp, 1101, 644): Permission denied ERROR: openat(/lib/modules/3.6.11, modules.dep.bin.tmp, 1101, 644): Permission denied ERROR: openat(/lib/modules/3.6.11, modules.alias.tmp, 1101, 644): Permission denied ERROR: openat(/lib/modules/3.6.11, modules.alias.bin.tmp, 1101, 644): Permission denied ERROR: openat(/lib/modules/3.6.11, modules.softdep.tmp, 1101, 644): Permission denied ERROR: openat(/lib/modules/3.6.11, modules.symbols.tmp, 1101, 644): Permission denied ERROR: openat(/lib/modules/3.6.11, modules.symbols.bin.tmp, 1101, 644): Permission denied ERROR: openat(/lib/modules/3.6.11, modules.builtin.bin.tmp, 1101, 644): Permission denied ERROR: openat(/lib/modules/3.6.11, modules.devname.tmp, 1101, 644): Permission denied make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/knoppix/ndiswrapper-1.58/driver' make -C utils uninstall make[1]: Entering directory `/home/knoppix/ndiswrapper-1.58/utils' rm -f /sbin/loadndisdriver rm -f /usr/sbin/ndiswrapper rm -f /usr/sbin/ndiswrapper-buginfo make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/knoppix/ndiswrapper-1.58/utils' knoppix@Microknoppix:~/ndiswrapper-1.58$
You have to be root if you want to uninstall kernel modules. Therefore issueinstead of 'make uninstall'.Code:sudo make uninstall
Per the Install instructions I first typed in:
I ignored the error with "make uninstall" then proceeded with instructions.Code:make uninstall make
"Login as root then run"
.Code:make uninstall
I then followed next instructions "Then install windows driver with"
Returned error "command ndiswrapper not found".Code:ndiswrapper -i driver.inf
Also tried
Got the same error.Code:ndiswrapper -i Driver/LSTINDS.INF
Note: "Driver" is the name of the folder with the LSTINDS. INF file.
Last edited by AndyOpie150; 03-29-2013 at 10:01 PM.
I would issue'Driver/LSTINDS.INF' is the path of your INF file.Code:cd /home/knoppix/ndiswrapper-1.58 sudo make uninstall make clean make sudo make install cd /home/knoppix sudo ndiswrapper -i Driver/LSTINDS.INF sudo ndiswrapper -m sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
Thanks. Will give it a try and edit this post with results.
Cant seem to edit my posts now. klaus2008: Was having to many errors with that install to flash drive (-C command not found, /home/knoppix/ndiswrapper-1.58 not a valid directory, etc). Re-installed knoppix 7.0.5 CD version to flash drive and followed advice in post 4. Everything is working great and I'm posting this thru the provided Iceweasel browser. Should have did that before, sorry, thought it was some limitation with the .iso so didn't mention it before. At least we now know that the ndiswraper-1.58 works great on the 7.0.5 CD version. Sorry again about everything else between your 4th post and this one. I don't know a whole lot, just enough to mess things up. Thanks very much for having patience with me and sticking with me, even through my bought of overthinking.
Last edited by AndyOpie150; 03-30-2013 at 06:57 PM.
The ndiswrapper-1.58 works great, but, every time I boot into the USB drive I have to open up a CLi and type in
to get my wireless card to power up.Code:sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
I have tried:
but this just makes my wireles card power on and off whenever I try to connect to the internet.Code:sudo su echo ndiswrapper >> /etc/modules exit
I have since re-installed and set up drivers due to lack of knowledge on how to fix my mistake.
What is the command I need to issue to get the ndiswrapper to work without having to type in the above mentioned command every time I boot into Knoppix?

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R340 Single Intel Xeon E-2236 @3.40GHz 32GB RAM No HDD H730P
$350.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell R740XD All Flash 2U Server Full 24 x U.2 NVME 2x Xeon 6240R 48 CORE HOMELAB
$849.95
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00
Dell Server Drive and 3.5" Cradle. 960GB SSD Enterprise
$300.00