I'm also making the assumption the files I create are also stored in the persistent area. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure they would need to be.
I'm also making the assumption the files I create are also stored in the persistent area. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure they would need to be.
Greetings again, Howie
With Knoppix 7.0.5 you have TWO choices for persistence files.
One choice is to create one within the same partition as the OS
using Fat32. This persistence file is not limited itself to 4 Gb, but files
placed on it must be less than 4 Gb. And the time it takes to
format a Fat32 persistence file is proportional to its size.
Formatting one larger than 4 Gb may make you think something's
gone haywire before it completes.
A new choice has been added which allows persistence to be
achieved with a separate reiserfs partition. This approach has
no similar 4 Gb file size limitation, and doesn't take any
time at all formatting.
There are a lot of good things about Knoppix and its LiveUSB
is my favorite choice of Linux.
Hello again, howie.
The reisers approach is the new 'experimental' approach.
I didn't have any problem with it, myself.
I started with an 8 Gb SanDisk cruzer and/or a 16 Gb SanDisk
'camera card'. Both were formatted Fat32, single partition
at the factory.
Some users report usbs pre-formatted with several small partitions.
That may be a problem. By the way, don't provide the reiserf partition yourself,
let Knoppix do it.
I suggest you see what your usb looks like with gparted, and if
it is not single partition Fat32, then make it so and try again
with the 'experimental' option.
If that doesn't do it, then give our experts here more details
and they'll get to the bottom of it.

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection
$129.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$236.55
Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99