I got the menu launch icon back right clicking on the bottom panel and then selecting panel properties. I'm not sure that the icon is the same, but back in business.
While trying to figure out how to add a program to the launch menu, I managed to remove the left aunch menu button. Any ideas about how to get the launch menu back other than do another build? I'm not even sure how to shutdown without the button but I guess I can pull the plug or find a command to shutdown. Suggestions?
I got the menu launch icon back right clicking on the bottom panel and then selecting panel properties. I'm not sure that the icon is the same, but back in business.

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00
Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99
640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00
S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95
S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00