-
New guy here; having USB boot trouble.
So here's the deal--
downloaded 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 to BigLaptop (has CD/DVD drive). Ran each one live, and used each version to make a bootable USB drive, so I can install Knoppix on smaller laptops.
With EACH version, immediately into the boot process, I get this message:
"Using /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.aes
/mnt-system/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.aes Password:_ "
...and, of course, awaits the typing in of a password known only to you, I hope.
Now for the real kicker: when I try to boot BigLaptop from the USB sticks generated on it from the live KNOPPIX CDs, I get the same thing!
Somebody, ANYbody--please help!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00