-
New guy here; having USB boot trouble.
So here's the deal--
downloaded 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 to BigLaptop (has CD/DVD drive). Ran each one live, and used each version to make a bootable USB drive, so I can install Knoppix on smaller laptops.
With EACH version, immediately into the boot process, I get this message:
"Using /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.aes
/mnt-system/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.aes Password:_ "
...and, of course, awaits the typing in of a password known only to you, I hope.
Now for the real kicker: when I try to boot BigLaptop from the USB sticks generated on it from the live KNOPPIX CDs, I get the same thing!
Somebody, ANYbody--please help!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00