I've been trying to create a custom boot DVD that loads a menu and allows the user to select one of several things to boot into:
1) Knoppix
2) Memtest86
3) DBAN
4) GParted
5) Ubuntu
6) System HDD
7) Reboot
I'm using MagicISO to create the multiboot menu and ISO image(as it was the fastest way for me and my limited knowledge). Also, I'm using Oracles VirtualBox to test the ISOs.
Basically the way MagicISO works(or as I think it does) is that I need to create a dir on the ISO image with the actual files from the extracted ISO in question. Then I need to create a boot information file (.bif) from the source ISO and attach it to my project in MagicISO. After that it says the image is now bootable and I create the ISO file itself. This seems redundant of course since the source ISO I could burn with MagicISO directly and have work like a charm. I'm simply going about it this way to try and understand how things are working with a single image before creating the multiboot image. Basically I'm trying to do this but without any Windows distros. I've basically been trying to understand that tutorial and apply it to these linux ISOs in my project.
So far, when I try the above with Knoppix I get a checksum error or it simply hangs before doing anything at all. My guess is that I need to update it's boot file to let it know where the dir is on the DVD now. I'm just not sure how to do that and any articles on it that I find are either 1) strictly in a linux environment 2) way above my head....usually a combination of both.
Anyways, I'm doing this strictly as a fun project to learn more about how computers boot and linux and life in general, so I'm not rushing to find a solution. Any ideas to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00