Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do I find an application?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30

    How do I find an application?

    I would like to download some torrent files using Transmission but when knoppix asks me to select which application I would like to use, I don't know where to find Transmission in the directory.
    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    How are you trying to open the torrent file? Is the message appearing in your browser or are you clicking on the torrent file in the file browser?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30
    When I click on the torrent file in the browser a notice comes up that says, 'This link needs to be opened with an application, choose an application'. But I don't know where in the file directory to look for 'Transmission' which I want to use.

  4. #4
    /usr/bin/transmission-gtk

    You can find applications by opening a terminal emulator and typing
    Code:
    whereis application
    Last edited by The Lightning Stalker; 05-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    30
    Thank you very much. Although when I put 'whereis transmission' into the terminal it gives me 'user/share/transmission'. And the gtk file it not there it's where you said.

  6. #6
    Oh that, yeah. I right-clicked on the Transmission icon in the menu to see where it was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE picture

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE

$445.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



32GB Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E2UI PC4-3200AA-RB2-12 DDR4 Server Memory | Tested picture

32GB Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E2UI PC4-3200AA-RB2-12 DDR4 Server Memory | Tested

$435.00



HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM picture

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM

$174.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00