-
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
Hello,
If you are interested in trying Knoppix 7.2.0 within a VMware virtual machine guest
you may consider using using this vm which allows Knoppix to recognize the graphical hardware
acceleration and 3D rendering provided by VMware and use the compiz 3D effects (as the cube):
http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/115...607#post129607
Please provide some feedback.
Best Regards,
Gilles
thanks. I am interested, but question my competence or the adequacy of my hardware. My usual machine is a ten year old pentium 4 with 2GB of 233MHz RAM and a chip video controller. Plus I don't feel I really understand the concept of a virtual machine, and especially it's limitations, adequately.
However, I've passed your suggestion and the series of links on to a friend who has played with both Knoppix and VM quite a bit, in the hope he'll be interested enough by it to download Knoppix 7.2 (he's asked me to give it a report card, and he should know better by now).
I'm mostly stuck on simple little problems, like figuring out how I can run virus scans on my downloads, websaves, and mail attachments under Linux, so that they don't infect my Windows systems. This may well be the one reason why I'm still running a three year old version of Puppy - Lucid 5.28 "lupuplus"- it supports X-fprot, unlike Knoppix, apparently.
Every year I try to figure out how to use ClamAV in Knoppix. Maybe this year I'll succeed, but I'm not very hopeful. If I do, maybe I'll go on to try to figure out why no one in the Debian camp has made similar update and real-time gui for Fprot or some other freeware AV app for linux.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard
$184.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX Intel LGA1700 DDR5 Wi-Fi 6E Gaming
$125.00

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD
$49.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99