I've had this problem before. Here's what works for me.
Remove the pcmcia card.
Wait a few seconds.
Put it back in.
Immediately run wlcardconfig.
The card should then be detected and you can enter in your wireless info.
Hey everyone, I jsut ran Knoppix of a cd for the first time a few hours ago and I love it. Everything seems to be working great, except the fact that I can't connect to the internet or my network. When i run the utilitly for setting up a wireless card )sorry I'm on windows now and dont remember what it's called) it says that no wieless card is installed. I have the Linksys WMP11 English version. I also downloaded the drivers for it for linux from their website, but i have no clue how to use them to configure my wireless card while in knoppix. And one final note, i can connect to the internet automatically with knoppix running on a computer wired to the network. Thanks to anyone who responds.
I've had this problem before. Here's what works for me.
Remove the pcmcia card.
Wait a few seconds.
Put it back in.
Immediately run wlcardconfig.
The card should then be detected and you can enter in your wireless info.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50