-

Originally Posted by
ktheking
Sorry for all your enthousiasme but the USB ports give trouble for the epia
motherboards on the latest knoppix release 06/06/2003.
Origin of the problem is the VIA chipset.
So if you're planning on constructing somthing with USB devices ,be warned....
I felt it well worth me making an update to the OPs comments as almost a year has passed, and things are very much better now.
I got a couple of the fairly recent Epias here, an M10000 and a CL10000 both have Nehemiah core CPUs.
I am just starting out with Linux so I'll not comment beyond saying it all seems to be fine under knoppix 3.3, however one of them is presently running winXP and I have to say that's doing about anything you could reasonably want any machine to do, and the USB issue appears to be a thing of the past now.
I have witnessed VIA usb problems firsthand on another machine some time ago so I know what to look for too. Not seeing any of that sort of thing now on these two boards though.
So I'll stick my neck out and give it a thumbs up on the two that I have, others may be able to add more info for other models too, now that some time has passed!
Similar Threads
-
By zakmen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 02:33 PM
-
By fusero in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 05:54 PM
-
By Pjotr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 06:07 PM
-
By impresario in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 07:58 PM
-
By yoyo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00