some more things to fiddle with /dev/fb devices. I thought I'd try to get an SDL application running in an fbcon like dosbox.

From a vt text console (CTRL+ALT+F2) type

Code:
export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon
export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0
export DOSBOX_SDL_USESCANCODES=false              (i needed this or i couldn't type properly in dosbox)
dosbox
with any luck dosbox should open on your /dev/fb0 device. Typing "exit" drops you out of dosbox.
I can get back to my x session with CTRL+ALT+F5 but can't seem to get the input focus back to whatever console screen the dosbox is on. but CTRL+C on the text console (CTRL+ALT+F2) screen kills dosbox.

for me: geforce 7300 is /dev/fb0 geforce mx420 is /dev/fb1 and displaylink usb is /dev/fb2

weirdly export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb2 to run it on the displaylink makes the dosbox display corrupted (but I'm running with X on the displaylink so maybe that's why)

still kind of fun to see it work.

Don